What’s New in Odoo 13?
Fast, Simple and Effective Business Management- this is the motto of Odoo, the leading open source ERP of the globe. And this is what makes Odoo the prominent and most favorite choice among business enterprises. With the release of Odoo 13, the open-source ERP has become all more fit and robust to meet the diversified needs of businesses. With Odoo 13 users can go along with better designs and customizations.
With each version release, Odoo makes it a point to bring in major and minor improvements in the application, alongside a set of new features for improving the user interface and functionality of the user. The users worth 3.4 million is the evidence of Odoo being the finest application for business management.
Let us see the new features introduced in Odoo 13.
I must say the Odoo Experience 2019 held three days ago at Belgium did not disappoint its participants. It came big and handful the latest version-Odoo 13.
The blog lists the new set of features introduced in Odoo 13 and the improvements Odoo has brought in to the existing ones.
Sales Coupons & Promotions Module
It has become indispensable the promotions, discounts or loyalty programs at your store. In order to keep customers, come back to your store and remain loyal to your business, implementing these kinds of business tricks is very much necessary. Odoo has made it simple and easier to carry promotions and discounts at your stores.
The module- ‘Sales Coupons and Promotion’, that earlier existed with Odoo Enterprise has now made available in Odoo community from Odoo 13. Isn’t it interesting?
Odoo 13 has introduced all-new subcontracting for the Bill of Materials.
Often the companies outsource their manufacturing say the manufacturing of certain parts of their product in order to achieve desired standards. This often helps the companies to get value-added materials for their products. Now with Odoo 13, the businesses can seamlessly carry this practice via subcontracting feature.
Skill Management Module
Odoo 13’s brand new Skill Management Module is an extended version of the Employee Module in Odoo. The management module envisions to enhance the workflow of employee management in a company.
In this competitive era, employee skills are what make the company run and sustain. A proper skill management tool helps in tailoring employees, make them fit for the role/job in the organization.
Odoo 13 Skill Management Module helps with managing employee skills at the workplace, managing resumes of your employees, needless to say, helps in conducting training sessions for the employees. The organization can manage all these from one single place. The structured approach of the skill management module helps you in proper decision making pertaining to an employee or recruiting a new batch of employees. The Odoo 13 module is indeed a great gift to the business organization as it helps both employees as well as the management to stay fit and competitive in work.
Website Form Builder
Earlier a module under Enterprise Edition now has become the part of Odoo Community from Odoo 13. The module doesn’t need much introduction, as it is very much deployed in the e-commerce business circles. The Website Form Builder is known for its user-friendly interface and easy management such as creating various website forms, contact forms and also gathering customer information.
Product Videos on Website
Odoo 13 offers it, users, an extensive feature- adding product videos onto the product pages in the Odoo website. This feature can be highly remarkable as it can help the users to present their product features in a better way. Visual representation of products can draw in more attention comparing to mere worded descriptions. Also, it can lead to a higher conversion rate on your website.
What do you think?? Isn’t it a worthy feature for your business? Adding videos provide more explanations of your product and this will surely prompt customers to dig more on your website.
The line chart displays the quantity vs time for different products in the inventory.
One can simply look at the chart and understand the number of various products on any given date. Also, the users can aware of the incoming and outgoing stock.
Now knowing the status of the invoice as paid to the user is no hard task. With Ribbon Widget of Odoo 13, the users can get easily the status of the invoice.
The new calculator widget in Odoo 13 works for order lines on the invoices, sales order, purchase order, and so forth. It helps with performing the arithmetic operations in invoices or purchase orders.
For instance, the field- ‘Price’ would give away the total cost by adding up every individual input of the user.
‘Buy Now’ Button in Ecommerce
This was the most waited feature in Odoo and with the release of version Odoo 13, there comes finally the new ‘Buy Now’ button that straightly directs the users from product page to the Checkout page with product in the cart.
Restrict Available Product Categories in POS
Notable features and changes introduced in Odoo 13:
1. Print return shipping labels with FedEx.
2. Generate and print return labels for all carriers.
3. Lead Mining – Generate new leads pipeline based on country, technologies etc.
4. Chatter made available on Journal & Journal Entry.
5. Sending SMS Text Messages from leads and opportunities.
6. Simplified sales team configuration.
7. Belgian Localization
8. Importing mass customer invoices in Odoo accounting
9. Managing assets through account.
10. New form builder in CE.
11. New Approval App.
12. New Appraisal App.
13. SMS Marketing.
14. Discuss Module with new warning icon on Kanban and List View.
15. Smart Button in Users Form.
16. New Search panel-DEPARTMENT in Employee Module.
17. Search panel in Kanban view.
18. Attendance Status in Kanban.
19. Contract Status in Kanban.
20. Lot serial number on the invoice print report.
21. Partner Map View.
22. Login to POS UI as employee instead of user.
23. Manage refunds, returns, coupons, and repairs directly from helpdesk tickets.
24. Odoo E-commerce Terms and Conditions.
25. PayU Latam- popular payment acquirer in Latin America for online payment.
26. Linking warehouse to your eCommerce.
27. Shipping method is the new delivery method.
28. Login via scanning employee badge.
29. Signature Widget.
30. Setting Out Of Office message on your leaves.
31. Leave is renamed to time off.
32. Improvements in Calendar.
33. Request leads as an In-App-Purchase service.
34. Chartjs for building statistics and more advanced portals.
35. List View Improvements such as mass editing in list view.
36. Easy Invoicing of sales order. Option to deduct down payments.
37. Payroll from now on in Enterprise Edition not in Community.
38. Updated Style for Error Message.
39. New UI for Lunch Module.
40. New UI for Forum.
41. Rental App.
42. Field Service Management.
43. Product Configurator.
44. Configure document layout.
45. Upload Document; New Activity Type
46. Optional Field Visibility.
47. Section and Notes in Purchase Module.
48. Payroll Planning.
49. Inventory Valuation by Location.
50. Courses in Website.
51. Detect employee’s presence based on activity.
52. E-Learning- New platform for eLearning, new design and new user experience.
53. Email Marketing.
54. Survey Improvements-online certifications management, test deadline, multiple attempts, on-screen timer, passing score etc.
55. Date Filter Improvements.
56. Account invoice merged with Account Move.
57. Easy switching, adding/removing company access.
58. Timer on Work orders.
59. My Profile Option.
60. Tap to scan for quick product search and inventory operations processing.
61. HTML editor supporting Checklists
62. More flexibility in components’ consumption.